When your air conditioner malfunctions, there are certain steps you should take before calling for emergency HVAC services. These can include:
- Check your thermostat to make sure it is on.
- Check to see if a circuit breaker was tripped.
- Inspect the filter and see if it needs to be changed.
- Ensure the vents are free of leaves and other debris.
- Check the condenser to see if it’s running.
Is your house chilly, yet the furnace isn’t turning on? This can be due to several issues - including a problem with the sensor. Call us to let our heating contactors examine the issue and repair it.
If your house is not cooling to the setting on your thermostat - even with the air conditioner running - it can signal you need to recharge your refrigerant. Schedule an appointment with our AC experts to investigate the cause and fix it.
If your kitchen faucet is leaking, it could be due to one of these common causes:
- O-ring: Dripping near the handle is typically caused by a loose or worn-out O-ring. The O-ring is the small disc that attaches to the stem screw which holds the handle of the faucet in place.
- Broken or worn washers: Every time the faucet is turned on, the washer is pressed against the valve seat forcefully. Over time, the friction wears out the washer. When this happens, dripping starts to occur around the spout.
- Destroyed valve seat: The spout and faucet are connected through the valve seat. Built-up water sediments can start to corrode the valve seat, which causes leaks in the spout.
- Improper installation of washers: If your washer isn’t the right size, or is not installed the right way, water can get around the washer and start a leak.
You might not think about your toilet as a plumbing system you need to replace, but over time your unit will endure wear and tear and you can require a new unit. Some reasons to install a new toilet can include if it is starting to clog more frequently, if it’s using more water than it needs to, if there are cracks in the unit, and if it’s starting to show signs of wear and tear.
have a clogged drain, a technician might perform drain cleaning or drain cabling services. Some of the key differences between the two are:
- Drain snaking or cabling: During this method, a plumber will only remove the clog that is causing the blockage in your drain. He or she will do this by inserting a snake into the pipe that can be powered by a motor to rotate the cable to break up the blockage. This removes the clog, but it leaves the remnants of the blockage in your pipes, meaning the clog could return.
- Drain cleaning: With drain cleaning services, your pipes are completely flushed out, removing the clog and its particles. It also helps prevent clogs from forming by removing any small blockages before they get bigger.
Have you noticed rusty rings in your toilet or bathtub? If you have a traditional hot water heater, the discoloration can be due to rust inside of your aging tank. If you notice this, it can signal it’s time to replace your system with a newer unit.
When you need plumbing, heating, and cooling services, call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air at 562-922-2963 for appointments in Paramount, CA. We are locally owned.