It’s essential to keep your commercial building safe at all times. If you have a plumbing issue, you need to repair it as soon as possible to prevent water damage to the property and to make sure the occupants are comfortable. If you need a water heater replaced or a leaky pipe repaired, schedule professional services quickly. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for appointments in Paramount, CA. We offer emergency services.
Does your building’s aging water heater need to be replaced? Contact us for water heater services in Paramount.
When To Replace Your Water Heater
To prevent your commercial building from losing access to hot water when your water heater breaks down, it’s important to schedule a replacement at the first signs of an issue. Some symptoms that can signal you need to replace your water heater include:
- Signs of aging, especially if the unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- A higher utility bill, which can indicate it’s losing efficiency.
- Rust and corrosion on the unit.
- Leaks coming from the unit or the tank.
- Rust in the water.
- Lack of hot water.
- Water isn’t able to drain through the drain valve.
- Cracks in the unit.
How To Prevent Clogged Toilets
A clogged toilet can lead to water damage and a potential plumbing emergency at your commercial property. To avoid these issues in your building, it’s important to have your property’s occupants and visitors follow these tips:
- Never flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Avoid placing big wads of toilet paper into the toilet.
- Do not flush paper towels.
- Avoid placing beauty aids like Q-Tips and other hygienic products into the bowl.
- Do not flush hair trimmings or nail clippings.
As a reminder to throw these items in the garbage, keep a wastebasket near the toilet.
When a plumbing emergency occurs at your commercial property, quickly get professional help. Call us for emergency services in Los Angeles County.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
It’s important to keep the drains in your commercial property flowing freely. This will help prevent clogs and the inconveniences they can cause. If you notice the following symptoms you should schedule professional drain cleaning services:
- Slow drains: These can indicate a variety of problems, including the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: Frequent clogs can indicate you have not successfully removed the blockage, and you need a plumber to inspect the clog and clear it.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: This could indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line and should be inspected immediately.
- Foul odor: This can signal a minor issue, like food that is trapped inside your drain, or something more major like a problem with your sewer line.
- Flooding: One of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is a sewage backup. If you notice flooding in your basement and/or near a floor drain, this could indicate a clog and it may just be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor. This should be inspected by a professional ASAP.