Detecting problems with your underground sewer line can result in invasive methods like digging up your yard and your landscaping. This can leave you with a mess to clean up. In contrast, video inspections can be fast and noninvasive. This allows an expert to accurately locate any problems in your line and determine an action plan to repair them. To schedule appointments in Paramount, CA, call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air. We use the latest technology.
Have your sewer line fixed quickly and accurately when you call us for sewer line repairs and replacements in Paramount.
What Is a Sewer Video Inspection?
While you might be familiar with traditional, invasive sewer line inspections, you might not know about sewer camera inspections. These services involve a technician inserting a special, waterproof camera into your plumbing system and recording a video of the entire line. This shows defects in the line that need to be repaired and lets the professional see exactly where the problem is located. This lets you avoid having technicians dig up large sections of your yard to find the defect.
When to Schedule Sewer Camera Inspections
Because your sewer line is out-of-sight-out-of-mind, it can be difficult to know when it has issues that need to be repaired. Some signs that can indicate you need to schedule services include:
- There is a tree root invading your piping system. Over time, root buildups can cause cracks and blockages in your lines.
- You are scheduling a large remodeling project. You should have the piping system inspected to ensure it can handle the work — including increased flow and waste if you are redoing your bathroom or kitchen.
- You are buying a new home. Standard house inspections might not check your sewer line, so this is a convenient way to ensure the piping system is in good working order before you buy the house.
- You experience frequent sewer or drain backups, slow drains, or clogs.
A backed-up toilet can lead to a plumbing emergency if not handled quickly and correctly. Call us for clogged toilet repair services.
Benefits of Sewer Video Inspections
There are many benefits to scheduling sewer drain camera inspections over traditional methods. Some of the advantages can include:
- Accurately locate a leak: This method can find the exact location of a leak or crack in your pipes. This eliminates any guesswork later as the professional is trying to locate the problem.
- Avoid unnecessarily digging up your yard: Using the camera to detect if there is an issue and where it is located can prevent having large sections of your yard dug up while trying to locate the issue.
- Check the condition of your pipes: The camera can check the condition of your pipes to determine if there are signs of corrosion or wear and tear. This is especially useful if your system is older.
- Video to submit to insurance: The video can be used if you need to submit an insurance claim.