Are you tired of running out of hot water when you need it most – like when your family members are trying to shower or bathe? A tankless water heater can help you avoid this inconvenience. When you install this system, you will save energy and have hot water available on demand. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for services in Paramount, CA.
Are you not ready to switch to a tankless water heater? Contact us to learn about our traditional water heater services.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
If you currently have a traditional water heater, you might be hesitant to switch to a tankless unit. However, these systems provide numerous benefits you should consider, including:
- They can reduce your monthly utility bills by only heating the exact amount of water needed.
- They require less maintenance than traditional units.
- They pose fewer risks of contaminated water since the water isn’t sitting in a tank until it’s used.
- They take up less space than traditional models as they don’t have a storage tank.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
When purchasing a new tankless water heater for your home, you are unlikely to get a guarantee on how long the system will last. However, our experts can offer some estimates on the lifespan of these systems. Depending on the make and model, these units can last between 10 to 20 years — or longer. Of course, this depends on how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating.
You need immediate help when a pipe bursts at your property. Contact us for water leak detection & burst pipe services.
Common Problems With On-demand Water Heaters
While there are many benefits to instant hot water heaters, there are some things – and differences from traditional units – you need to be aware of. These can include:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system may be more expensive than a traditional unit, but you will save on energy usage. Soon, the money you’re saving can outweigh the price of the unit.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. Only trust a plumbing professional to do this work!
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage.