While California’s summers can be fun and relaxing, they are a lot more enjoyable when you have a cool and comfortable home to return to. Make sure your AC unit is working properly before the summer heat arrives. Have it inspected, repaired, or replaced by a professional. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for services in Paramount, CA. We offer same-day services by licensed and insured technicians.
Does your aging air conditioner need to be replaced? Contact us to learn about our air conditioning installation services in Los Angeles County.
We offer the following cooling services:
- Emergency Services
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- Filter Replacement
- Commercial HVAC
When You Should Replace Your AC System
To avoid being left in a hot house all summer, it’s essential to replace your aging air conditioner before it completely breaks down. Some symptoms to watch for include:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- High utility bills: If your system is working harder than it needs to cool your home, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Less effective: Your property is no longer reaching the desired temperature or the setting on the thermostat.
- Multiple repairs. Your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Major repair: You need a major or costly repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: Your unit is leaking.
- Noises: You hear strange sounds coming from the system, which can signal an issue with your motor.
How To Save Money on Cooling Costs
Keeping your house at a comfortable temperature all summer can take a toll on your utility bills. Fortunately, there are some tips you can follow to save money. These can include:
- Check your property’s insulation to make sure it’s keeping the cool air in and the hot air out.
- Replace the air filters at least every three months to keep the unit running efficiently.
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to better control your indoor temperature.
- Reduce your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- If your unit is older, replace it with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans to help circulate the air in the house.
- Close drapes on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Does your air conditioner need a tune-up? Contact us to schedule air conditioner repairs in Paramount.
Common Problems With AC Units
Unfortunately, from time to time your air conditioner will need repairs. Some of the more common issues your unit might experience can include:
- There’s no cold air coming from the system. A professional can examine the unit to determine why.
- The unit is working too hard to get air flowing through your vents. This can cause your monthly utility bills to increase.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning, leaving hot and cold areas around your home.
- There’s moisture leaking around the unit. You should have a professional inspect the leak to determine if it’s water or refrigerant.