Without a functioning evaporator coil, your house cannot cool to the desired temperature. When it malfunctions, you need to have it repaired as soon as possible. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for coil cleaning, repairs, and replacements in Paramount, CA. We offer same-day services to restore comfort to your house as soon as possible.
Are you looking for an energy-efficient cooling system? Contact us to learn about our ductless mini-split system services in Los Angeles County.
Why You Need to Repair Your Evaporator Coil Quickly
When you notice signs that your evaporator coil is malfunctioning, schedule professional services as soon as possible. Some of the benefits of having your unit serviced quickly can include:
- Cost savings: Catching an issue with your unit early can let you potentially repair the component instead of replacing it, or catch the problem while the part is still covered under warranty. If the component needs a major repair, you should ask the technician if it is more cost-effective to replace the part rather than repair it.
- Increased comfort: Getting your unit repaired in a timely manner can help you avoid interruptions in the usage of your air conditioning system.
- Reduction in energy usage: Having the unit repaired ASAP can allow you to save energy. When the unit malfunctions the AC system might continue to run, but the unit will use more energy than usual to try to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.
Common Problems With Evaporator Coils
You likely don’t pay too much attention to your evaporator coil, until it malfunctions. Because of this, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate you need to schedule repairs:
- Refrigerant leaks: If you suspect you have a leak you should have it inspected by a professional. He or she can detect if there is a problem, repair it and add the appropriate amount of coolant.
- Unpleasant odors: A foul smell in your home can be due to bacteria and mold forming on the coil. This can be caused by moisture collecting on the component, resulting in the growth of foul-smelling bacteria.
- Frozen coils: If water remains on coils for too long, it can freeze, as the components are typically around 32° F. The frozen water can cause the blades to coat with ice, which can cause serious issues for the AC unit.
You need a functioning air handler to keep your AC unit running properly. When you need repairs or replacements, contact us to learn about our air handler services in Paramount.
Maintenance Tasks To Perform on Evaporator Coils
Keep your evaporator coil functioning properly by performing routine maintenance on it. Some tasks our trusted technicians suggest you perform frequently include:
- Make sure the coils are clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes into contact with the component.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year, preferably before the summer months.
- Check the air ducts for clogs or leaks.
- Have the component inspected during your annual AC tune-up to check for any potential problems.
- Clean or change the air filters regularly, ideally at least every one to three months. Dirty or clogged filters can reduce the efficiency of the unit, increase the operating cost and lessen the indoor air quality.
- Check for blocked filters, as these can be dangerous if they are suctioned out of position and interfere with the blower assembly.