Clogged drains can be a major nuisance around your house. They can leave you showering in ankle-high water when your shower drain is backed up and can cause bad odors in your kitchen if the sink drain is clogged. You can avoid these problems by scheduling drain cleaning services. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for services in Paramount, CA. We offer emergency services.
Is there a stubborn clog in your plumbing system you can’t remove? Contact us to learn about our hydro jetting services in Paramount.
Signs That Indicate You Need Drain Cleaning Services
When your drains slow down, you might not be sure if it’s an issue you can remove on your own, or if you need professional services. Some symptoms that can signal you need expert help are:
- Slow drains: Slow drains can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that are narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you have to frequently clean your drains, it can signal you need professional services to completely remove the blockage.
- Multiple drains clogged at once: Having multiple drains clogged at one time can indicate there’s a blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Odors coming from your drains can indicate food trapped inside the drain or a major issue with the sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can signal a clog. It could mean eventually the drain will stop working completely, resulting in contaminated water all over the floor.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning Services
Do you schedule regular drain cleaning services on your piping system? There are many benefits to having plumbers perform these services frequently. Some advantages can include:
- You can clear stubborn clogs that you are not able to remove yourself.
- You can remove the entire blockage to eliminate slow drains.
- You can lower the risk of plumbing emergencies by having a plumber inspect your pipes regularly.
- You can reduce odors by removing the clogs.
- You can catch other plumbing issues that might be impacting your drains.
Don’t delay when you suspect an issue with your sewer line. Contact us for sewer line repair services in Los Angeles County.
Ways To Avoid Clogged Pipes
The best way to avoid the side effects of a blocked drain is to prevent a clogged pipe from occurring in the first place. Some ways you can prevent clogged pipes are:
- Don’t put food scraps down the drain. Even if you have a garbage disposal, first scrape food into the trash.
- Never put grease down the drain. First, pour it into a container to cool, and then throw it in the trash.
- Install a screen over the shower and bathtub drains to collect hair.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings.