After a long day in the sun, you want to retreat to a cool, comfortable home. If your air conditioner malfunctions, it can leave you hot and sweaty in your house. Avoid these discomforts by ensuring your AC unit is properly tuned up and functioning correctly. To schedule services in Torrance, CA, call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air. We provide 24/7 emergency services to get your unit back up and working quickly.
Learn why your Torrance neighbors call us for heating and cooling services when you read our testimonials.
We offer complete heating and cooling services to the Torrance area, including:
- Furnace repairs
- Furnace installations
- Heater repairs
- Heater installations
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioning installations
- Air handler repairs
- Ductless mini-split AC systems
- Heat pump services
- Commercial HVAC
Signs You Need To Replace Your AC System
While you might want to avoid the inconvenience of installing a new air conditioner and instead choose to keep repairing your existing system, this can be risky. It could cause your system to completely fail during the summer months, leaving you uncomfortable until a new system can be installed. Instead, watch for these symptoms that can indicate you need to replace your existing unit:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- High utility bills: If your system is working harder than it needs to cool your home, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Less effective: Your property is no longer reaching the desired temperature or the setting on the thermostat.
- Multiple repairs. Your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Major repair: You need a major or costly repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: Your unit is leaking.
- Noises: You hear strange sounds coming from the system, which can signal an issue with your motor.
What To Expect During a Heater Tune-up
Avoid a chilly house this winter by ensuring your heater is working properly. Our trusted technicians recommend scheduling a tune-up on your unit at least once a year to ensure it works properly. During these routine services you can expect professionals to perform the following tasks:
- Turn off the power to the unit for safety purposes. This is to protect him or herself, as well as everyone in the property.
- Check the inner components of the unit to ensure they are working properly.
- Examine the belts and parts. The contractor may recommend replacing any that are worn out or malfunctioning.
Do you need to schedule a furnace tune-up? Contact us to learn about our services and book an appointment.
When To Replace Your Furnace
If your furnace is starting to operate inefficiently and make odd noises, it can be time to replace it. Some signs to watch for that can indicate you need to install a new system are:
- If the unit is older and is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- If it’s losing efficiency, which can be detected by higher utility bills and the inability to properly heat your home.
- If there are any cracks in the unit. These can lead to more serious issues like a carbon monoxide leak, so they should be inspected immediately.
- If it needs multiple – or large, costly – repairs.