Your weekends are precious. Don’t spend your Saturday pulling up flooring or treating drywall after a water line leak causes damage to your home. To prevent this – and to reserve your Saturdays for fun – schedule professional repairs at the first signs of an issue with your main water line. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air when you need repairs or replacements in Paramount, CA. We offer emergency services!
When you need repairs on your gas line, leave the work to the professionals. Call us for gas line services in Paramount.
Common Water Main Issues
Having an issue with your main water line is never an ideal situation, but unfortunately, problems do occur occasionally. Some common problems you can encounter include:
- Holes or cracks: External corrosion from soil or frost can cause holes or cracks to form.
- Pressure: Pressure can cause lines to break, resulting in water flowing out of the pipes and to the surface. This can include the street, your lawn, or even your basement. This can also lead to contaminated water in your house – which can lead to health issues for your family.
- Leaky water valve: Leaky valves can be a common issue. Contact a professional to repair or replace the valve if you suspect you have a problem.
How To Detect a Leak
It’s essential to find a leak in your water line as soon as possible. The quicker you find and repair the leak, the less water damage you might endure at your house. Some symptoms that can indicate you have a leak are:
- Mold or mildew growing on the walls or floor.
- Wet spots forming on the floors or walls.
- Lusher grass than usual. While this may seem like a positive, it can indicate a leak that’s providing extra fertilizer to your lawn.
- Running water meter even when the fixtures are turned off.
Are your drains slow? You could have a clog. Contact us for drain cleaning services in Paramount.
What To Do When Repairing or Replacing Your Water Line
You don’t want to mess around with issues with your main water line. If you suspect there’s a leak or problem, follow these steps:
- Call a professional. If you suspect you have an issue, call an expert as soon as possible to make the repairs. It’s important to not try to fix these problems yourself.
- Know the signs for a full replacement. It can be difficult to determine if you need to replace your system or if you need repairs. Some signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed can include the age of your home and if you’ve had frequent plumbing issues.
- Be safe. Call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your water line to ensure there are no dangers near the pipes or electrical or gas lines before professionals perform any digging.