It’s essential to find and repair a leak in your piping system as soon as possible. The longer a leak goes undetected, or a burst pipe goes unrepaired, the more water damage your home will sustain. This can be dangerous and costly. To avoid these issues, call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for water leak detection and burst pipe services in Paramount, CA.
Is there an issue with your water line? Contact us for water line services in Paramount.
Risks Associated With Leaking Pipes
If a leak in your piping system goes unrepaired, it can cause many issues around your home and property. Some risks associated with these leaks can include:
- Flooding of your home and lawn.
- Severe property damage to both the inside and outside of your house.
- Health risks caused by mold, mildew, bacteria, or a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your pipes.
- Electrical shortages that pose risks to your entire household.
- Increase in water bills.
Water Line Leak Detection Techniques Professionals Use
If you suspect a leak in your piping system, you need an expert to identify where the leak is and repair it. Some methods our plumbers might use can include:
- Dig and drill: In this technique, experts dig into certain parts of your yard or even drill into your walls or your floor to find the source of the leak. Fortunately, this is usually only used as a last resort.
- Meter detection: Plumbers have a digital apparatus they can use to search for leaks. In this process, a water meter is added to one end of the external point to assess the water pressure and to detect if there is a leak present.
- Video camera inspection: Most professionals prefer to use infrared technology to detect leaks. This can involve using a camera that’s designed to take pictures and videos of a pipe at various angles to view any cracks or leaks. This allows them to get an accurate view of the leak, and it avoids having to dig up your yard.
If you suspect you have a gas leak at your property, seek professional help immediately. Contact us for gas leak detection services in Paramount.
How To Avoid Burst Pipes
Burst pipes can cause massive water damage to your property. While this can be costly to repair, fortunately, there are ways to avoid these, including:
- Insulate the pipes during the winter months or use a heat wrap.
- When temperatures dip, run a trickle of cold water in your sink to promote a constant flow in the pipes.
- Call a professional at the first signs of reduced water pressure.
- Look for leaks inside your property.
- Have your pipes inspected by a professional.
- Have aging pipes replaced by an expert.
- Schedule regular, professional drain cleaning services.