How safe is your home’s drinking water? If you’re not sure – or if you buy bottled water for your family to consume – then you can benefit from a water filtration system. These systems can give you peace of mind that your water is safe. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for installations and repairs in Paramount, CA. Our technicians are licensed and insured.
Do you have hard water? Protect your appliances when you contact us to schedule water softener services in Paramount.
Benefits of Water Filtration Systems
Installing a water filtration system can have many benefits for your entire household. Some of the top advantages are:
- Assurances that you have safe drinking water.
- Cost savings since you don’t have to buy bottled water.
- Prevention of skin irritation.
- Reduction of the risk of plumbing issues.
- Elimination of a buildup of limescale in your plumbing system.
- Improvements in the taste of your drinking water.
Different Types of Water Filtration Systems
When installing a water filtration system, there are many types of units you can choose from. Take a look at some of the most common systems and their pros and cons:
- Charcoal Filters: These are typically low in cost and are one of the most popular models.
- Sediment Filters: These help with homes that use well water.
- Water Distillers: These models use energy and typically have slow production. They remove Cryptosporidium and minerals from the water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This option removes Cryptosporidium and other minerals, and creates bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline Water Ionizers: These add a millivolt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Filters: This option destroys germs.
- Magnetic Water Filters: These filters reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared Water Filters: These passively reshape water structures.
- Catalytic Water Filters: This type uses resin bead coatings to target specific toxins.
When your water heater needs a tune-up, call us to schedule water heater services.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Water Filtration System
Do you need a new water filtration system? It’s important to watch for the following signs that can indicate your system is failing so you can replace it before your water quality suffers. Some signs to watch for include:
- An odd odor in your water. This can signal your system is no longer properly filtering your water.
- You see scale, dirt, or debris in your water. This means particles are getting through the filter.
- Your system is making an odd sound, signaling it’s struggling to work properly. If it’s laboring to work properly you may need to install a new system.