When heavy storms hit Los Angeles County, your property can be at risk for flooding. You can prevent rainwater from seeping into your house with a functioning sump pump. Whether you need a new unit installed or your existing system repaired, hire a professional company you can trust. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for services in Paramount, CA. We offer same-day appointments.
Leaks under your foundation can lead to major water damage. When you need slab leak repairs in Paramount, book an appointment with our experts.
Benefits Sump Pumps Provide
A sump pump can be one of the most vital systems in your property. These units prevent flooding in your home during heavy storms. By keeping the excess water from entering your home, these systems can save you money in costly water damage repairs, including replacing the flooring, drywall, and more. It can also prevent mold and mildew from forming due to added moisture in your house.
To learn more about how a sump pump can benefit you, contact our experts at Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air.
Different Types of Sump Pumps
There are several options of sump pumps you can choose from when installing a new unit in your home. Some of the most common types are:
- Pedestal sump pumps: In this model, the pumps are set at the top of the sump basin, which allows technicians to easily access it if it needs to be repaired or replaced. This unit has a hollow shaft or pipe that runs down to the bottom of the basin, where it pumps out the water through an installed impeller apparatus.
- Submersible sump pumps: These units have a waterproof motor and are placed into the pit. This allows for a more quiet operation.
- Sewage septic pumps: This unit is typically used when black wastewater material has to be moved up a level from below the ground surface, like in a basement. These systems grind the waste into a fine slurry, which is then pumped upward into a septic tank system.
- Septic effluent pumps: These specialty devices force liquified septic fluids through drain fields.
Make sure the water in your house is safe for your family to consume by contacting us to install a water filtration system in your Paramount home.
Common Sump Pump Problems
When heavy rain pours down on your Paramount home, you need to ensure you are protected from flooding by having a functioning sump pump. If your system is malfunctioning, it’s essential to have it repaired as soon as possible. Some common problems your unit might experience are:
- Power failures: If your power goes out during severe storms or extreme weather, your system will fail to work unless you have a battery backup installed. This puts your home at risk for flooding.
- Float valve issues: To avoid serious issues with your unit, make sure the float valve is free from any obstructions.
- Underpowered pumps: If your unit is not the right size for your home, you should have a new one installed as soon as possible to ensure it can properly prevent water from seeping into your house.
- Clogged discharge pipe: Make sure that the discharge pipes are clean and functioning properly to prevent issues.
- Worn-out pump motors: If the motor in your unit wears out, consult a professional to determine if you need to replace the system.