Without you even knowing it, your house could be exposed to major water damage from a slab leak. Because of their location under your property’s foundation, these leaks can go undetected. The longer they go unrepaired, the more damage they can cause. To protect your pipes, lawn, and home, call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air to let our experts detect and repair a foundation leak at your Paramount, CA home. We offer emergency services.
If you suspect you have a leak at your home, contact us for water leak detection services in Los Angeles County.
What Is a Slab Leak?
If you’re not familiar with slab leaks, it’s important to learn about them quickly. These leaks can quickly cause major water damage to your Paramount home. Because these leaks occur below the foundation of your home, they can go unnoticed – allowing them to quietly damage your property.
These leaks can wreck your home, flood your lawn, and create problems with your plumbing system. They can also lead to the formation of mold and mildew, which can jeopardize your family’s health.
If you suspect you have a slab leak at your home, call our technicians at Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air to let them locate and repair the leak.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
The sooner you can find a slab leak, the better chance you have of preventing major water damage to your home. Some symptoms that can indicate you have a leak are:
- Your monthly water bills increase without a change in your usage.
- You hear the sound of running water in your home when you don’t have any faucets turned on.
- You feel cold or hot spots on your foundation.
- You see cracks in the base of the walls or the foundation or notice other visible signs of damage.
Does your main water line need repairs? Act quickly to limit the damage. Contact us to schedule water line services in Paramount.
How Professionals Repair Slab Leaks
Slab leaks need to be handled by qualified professionals. When these technicians arrive at your property to locate and repair the leak, you can expect them to perform the following tasks:
- Inspect the leak and find its exact location by using advanced home foundation leak detection methods.
- Open the slab and repair the leak at the exact spot of the issue.
- Determine if the plumbing needs to be replaced or rerouted. This is especially important if you have older pipes.
- Apply an epoxy pipe covering to repair any small cracks in the system. This is placed inside the pipes and can help you avoid a costly reconstruction.