Don’t delay when there’s an issue with your sewer line. These problems can cause major damage to your property and can pose risks to your health. It’s crucial to schedule repairs as soon as you notice an issue. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for sewer line repairs and replacements in Paramount, CA. We provide emergency services.
Find the exact location of your sewer line defect with sewer video inspections in a noninvasive method. Contact us to schedule services in Paramount.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Problems with your sewer line can lead to a mess in your yard or property. Some common problems you might experience with you line can include:
- Blockages in drains that clog the line.
- Corrosive soil that causes the line to deteriorate.
- Cracks in the line.
- Shifting of the earth that causes the lines to collapse.
- Signs of aging.
- Tree roots that are interfering with the line.
- Problems with your septic tank.
- Issues during a major construction project that interfere with the line.
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repairs
Because your sewer line is underground, it can be difficult to know if there are problems that need to be repaired. To ensure you get the line repaired quickly, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate a problem. These can include:
- Your drains are slow to empty or don’t empty out at all.
- You have multiple drains that are clogged at one time.
- You smell sewage in or around your property.
- You hear bubbling sounds when you use the sink or flush the toilet.
- You see standing water around the sewer line.
- You have water backing up out of your tubs, toilets, and sinks.
When you need a new faucet, sink, or garbage disposal installed, call the professionals. Contact us to learn about our kitchen plumbing services.
How To Prevent Sewer Line Issues
Does dealing with sewer line issues sound like a fun project to take on at your house? Probably not. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent issues from occurring. These can include:
- Know what you can put down your drains and toilet. Some items to avoid include hygienic products, diapers, cooking grease, oils, and even some types of toilet paper.
- Locate and mark your sewer lines before performing a large excavation or construction project in your yard.
- Keep trees with large root systems as far away from sewage lines as possible.
- Put screens in your sinks, showers, and bathtubs to prevent debris from going down the drain.