Gas leaks can have dangerous – and even deadly – consequences for your family. When you suspect you have an issue, schedule an appointment with an expert as soon as possible. The sooner the problem is detected and fixed, the safer your family will be. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for appointments in Paramount, CA. We offer emergency services to protect your household.
When you need gas line repairs or installations, call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air! We offer full gas line services.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
When you have a gas leak, it’s essential to detect it and have it inspected by an expert as soon as possible. Some symptoms that can indicate you have a leak include:
- An odor similar to that of rotten eggs in your home.
- Signs of dead or dying vegetation in your yard or around your property.
- Excess condensation on your windows.
- Family members suffering from health issues like nausea, dizziness, fatigue, or fainting.
- Damaged connections to gas-powered appliances.
- A hissing or roaring sound near your gas pipes.
- Water or dirt in the air near the gas source.
If you notice these signs, schedule an appointment with our plumbers at Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air.
What To Do If You Suspect You Have a Gas Leak
To protect your household, it’s essential to take the right steps when you have a gas leak at your property. These include:
- First, evacuate your property.
- Once you’re in a safe place, call emergency professionals and leak experts for help.
- As you leave your property, do not turn light switches on or off, as they can create a spark.
- Do not operate any electronics – including cell phones. Call for help from outside your house.
- Do not ignite any flames, including a match or a candle.
- Open all of the doors and windows to allow air to circulate.
- Do not leave your property via your car, as starting your vehicle — even if it is in the garage or parked near your home — can spark a fire.
Don’t use over-the-counter solutions when your drains are clogged. Instead, contact us about our drain cleaning services.
How To Prevent Gas Leaks
The best way to protect your family from the dangers associated with a gas leak is to prevent it from occurring in the first place. One way to do this is to make sure the gas lines are properly connected to your appliances. When installing new appliances, make sure to hire an experienced professional to do the work. If you suspect there is an issue with a gas line connected to an existing appliance, call a technician to inspect the problem and repair it.
Another way to protect your family is to install a carbon monoxide detector in your home. This will alert your family to the presence of the odorless gas.