When the summer heat arrives, make sure your air conditioner is up to the task of cooling your home. Schedule routine tune-ups and repairs with a professional. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for appointments in Downey, CA. We provide expert heating and cooling services and ensure our technicians are background checked and drug tested.
We strive to provide our customers with excellent services. But don’t take our word for it. Read our testimonials to see what our clients think of our work!
We offer complete heating and cooling services to the Downey, CA area, including:
- Commercial HVAC
- Furnace repairs
- Furnace installations
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioning installations
- Heater repairs
- Heater installations
- Air handler repairs
- Ductless mini-split AC systems
- Heat pump services
Signs You Need to Recharge Your Refrigerant
Is your home not cooling to the desired temperature, even though the air conditioner is running? This can signal you need to add refrigerant to your unit. Some signs to watch for include:
- Your unit is running but the air it’s producing is not as cold as it should be. The air may even be warm or room temperature.
- The temperature of your home does not match the temperature on your thermostat.
- There is frost building up on tubes, motors, and other parts of your system. This can indicate a leak.
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Repaired
If your heater unexpectedly breaks down in the middle of winter, it can leave your house chilly and uncomfortable. Prevent this by watching for signs that can indicate you need to have your unit repaired by a professional:
- Your home or building doesn’t get warmer.
- Heat is not being evenly distributed throughout the house.
- Your unit starts to make loud or unpleasant sounds.
- Your bills increase without any change in use.
- Your thermostat is not properly controlling the temperature of your house.
- Your ductwork is leaking.
When you need air conditioner or furnace repairs, get help fast. Contact us to learn about our services.
How to Properly Maintain Your Furnace
To keep your furnace running properly all winter, you need to perform routine maintenance on it throughout the year. Some tasks can include:
- Schedule a yearly inspection with a heating contractor.
- Replace the filters at least every three months. Install a carbon monoxide monitor in your property and have it inspected at least once a year.
- Examine your furnace ducts to ensure they are sealed and not leaking hot air.
- Check the blower to make sure there are no obstructions and determine if it needs to be lubricated.
- Inspect the inside of the furnace for rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and an emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” on the furnace to prevent overheating.
- Remove items from around the unit to ensure the area is clean and unobstructed.