When trying to keep your family healthy, start with the air they breathe at your home. You can do this with professional air cleaning and filtration services. To schedule services in your house, call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air. Our technicians are licensed and insured and guarantee to arrive on time.
Do you struggle to replace your HVAC unit’s filters regularly? Contact us to schedule filter replacement services in Paramount.
Reasons To Install an Air Cleaner in Your Home
When you think about systems and appliances to install in your house, you might not think about air cleaners. These units can provide many advantages to your household, including:
- Reduced allergens in your house, which can result in fewer allergy symptoms for your household.
- Improved overall air quality, which will help those with asthma.
- Lower humidity levels in the house.
- Overall cleaner smell in your home as these systems can remove unwanted odors.
- Reduced levels of cigarette smoke if someone in the household smokes.
- Less airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
UV Air Sanitizers vs. Air Purifiers: Which Is Best for Your House?
When increasing your home’s air quality, you can choose between UV air sanitizers or air purifiers. To select the best unit for your home, consider the following:
- Sanitizers: These come in two basic types — ultraviolet light and germicidal irradiation. The UV sanitizers use light to clean the air. The germicidal irradiation version destroys pollutants like bacteria, allergens, and viruses.
- Purifiers: These systems pull pollutants, smoke, and other particles out of the air and store them in a filter. This prevents them from being released back into the air. Purifiers are able to clean the air without releasing any pollutants; however, they cannot remove viruses from your home.
When there is a substance leaking from your air conditioner, contact us for AC refrigerant leak repair services.
How to Properly Maintain Your Air Cleaner
Keep your air cleaner working properly by maintaining your system. Some tasks you should complete on your unit regularly can include:
- Vacuum it regularly to remove dust and other debris.
- Change HEPA-style filters at least every 3-6 months.
- Have your system inspected by a professional at least once a year to look for issues and perform a tune-up.
- Change the bulbs as needed in UV filters.