To keep your heating and cooling systems working properly, it’s essential to change the filters regularly. Dirty or clogged filters can cause your unit to overwork and operate inefficiently. This can cause your utility bills to increase and can put wear and tear on your system. Avoid these issues by scheduling filter replacement services. Call Paramount Plumbing, Heating & Air for appointments in Paramount, CA. We offer same-day services.
Is your furnace malfunctioning? Contact us for furnace repairs in Los Angeles County.
Risks of Not Replacing Your Filters Regularly
Failing to replace the filters in your heating or cooling system regularly can impact your indoor air quality and utility bills. It can also result in the following effects:
- Inadequate airflow. Clogged filters may prevent air from moving as expected.
- Risk of breakdowns. Blocked filters can cause wear and tear on your system and force it to overwork.
- Higher repair costs. If your system is being overworked it can result in more frequent repairs.
- Higher utility bills. If the system is overworked, it can use more energy to keep your home at the desired temperature.
How Often You Should Replace Your Filters
How often should you change the filters in your HVAC system? It can depend on where you live and if you have pets. Some general guidelines are:
- Change every six months if you don’t have a pet.
- Replace every three months if you live in an urban area, as these areas can have potential air quality issues.
- Change every two months if you have a pet.
- Replace once a month if anyone in your household has pet allergies.
- Replace more often during periods of extended AC or furnace use.
Improve the indoor air quality in your home. Contact us to schedule air cleaner and filtration services.
Benefits of Replacing Filters Regularly
Changing the filters in your furnace or air conditioner regularly can have positive impacts on your HVAC units and your household. Some of the advantages you will experience can include:
- Improved indoor air quality. This can benefit your family’s health.
- Lower utility bills. Units work more efficiently – and use less energy – when they have a clean filter.
- Increased lifespan of your unit. Changing the filter allows it to endure less wear and tear.
- Reduced dust around your home. The filters can help collect it before it travels through the air.